We will never collect or make use of your personal details without your consent.
We do not require you to give us any personal information in order to use our website. We do collect anonymous aggregate statistics about the use of our website, including types of browsers used, rates of visits to different webpages, errors experienced and related site information, in order to develop and improve our site. However, none of this information can be used to identify individual users, and your anonymity is preserved throughout.
We are required to take certain personal details when fulfilling requests for brochures or other information, or registration to join our mailing list. (If you are providing contact information so that we can deliver to you any of our resources that you have requested, please note that we will pass this information to our fulfilment house but we will not be passing your details to anyone else without your permission.) These required details may include name, title, full postal address, email address or phone number, depending on the nature of your request. We may also ask for the voluntary supply of other information in order to help us improve and develop our services. In such circumstances, answering additional questions would be strictly optional.
Once personal information is collected, we will not make use of it without your consent other than for the purpose for which collected. We will never pass on your personal details to other organisations unless you have previously given your consent to such an action. We will never send you unsolicited mailings based on information you have supplied through our website. If you have previously registered to be on our mailing lists but no longer wish to receive our mailings, you may unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link on our email newletters; or by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org); phoning us (0113 223 3526); or writing to us at: Web Editor, Opera North, Grand Theatre, 46 New Briggate, Leeds LS1 6NU.
You may also simply reply to any email message with the message “unsubscribe” in order to be removed from our mailing lists.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of any personal information we hold about you. Please send such requests to Opera North, Grand Theatre, 46 New Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6NU.
We shall ensure that we comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, including but not limited to holding all personal information securely.
If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian’s permission whenever you provide personal information to Opera North. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
The use of Opera North’s website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Any use of this website constitutes your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. You should carefully read the following terms and conditions.
1. All text, graphics, and audio-visual content and the arrangement thereof on this website is copyrighted by Opera North and may not be reproduced for commercial use without the prior written permission of Opera North. You may copy or print content from the site for your personal use only. ‘Personal use’ does not extend to any form of public reproduction on an external website, including personal blogs, homepages or other webpages, without written permission from Opera North.
2. The house designs and layouts are the property of Opera North. Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs on the pages of this website may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Opera North. The display of any of the above trade names or trademarks on pages of this website does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of this website are the trademarks of their respective owners. They are exhibited only in such a manner as is agreed to be of benefit to such trademark owners, and Opera North intends no infringement of such trademarks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages or links to other websites on this website does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by Opera North. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Opera North.
3. Information on this site, including performance details, may change without notice. Opera North accepts no liability or responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through it. Opera North makes no guarantees or representations to its accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability. Opera North assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the site. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Musical clips, in the form of MP3 files, are offered on this website purely for educational purposes. Users may listen to these clips but may not save copies on their personal computers. Any further distribution, for sale or otherwise, is expressly prohibited.
5. Your use of www.operanorth.co.uk is at your own risk. Opera North does not guarantee that the site will be compatible with all hardware and software that may be used to access it. Neither Opera North nor any other party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering www.operanorth.co.uk is liable for any direct, incidental, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of www.operanorth.co.uk. Users are not permitted to distribute, sell or transmit the software, and are not permitted to alter, modify or adapt the software. No responsibility can be accepted for viewers unable to access the site or parts of it due to technical fault, internet connection problems or other unforeseen circumstances. Opera North assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of www.operanorth.co.uk or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the site. Opera North shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage and computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of the use of the website and howsoever caused even if Opera North shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Opera North excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in this website except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded under the applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law Opera North disclaims all liability for negligence.
6. Any communication or material you transmit to the site by electronic email or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, will be treated as non-confidential and non proprietary. Opera North or its affiliates may use anything you transmit or post for any purpose. Opera North reserves the right to remove any communications transmitted to the site.
7. All information (including but not limited to ideas, suggestions, concepts and graphics) submitted to Opera North through this website will be returned to the sender.
8. Opera North reserves the right to monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmission and bulletin boards on www.operanorth.co.uk. Opera North assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, danger or inaccuracy in any information contained in such locations on www.operanorth.co.uk. By using this site, you agree to use it only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of any third party. You are prohibited from posting scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Opera North will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Opera North to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
9. Opera North has not reviewed all the sites linked to www.operanorth.co.uk and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to www.operanorth.co.uk. Any purchase of goods and services made through third parties shall be subject to those third parties terms and conditions. Links to external websites are in no way intended to signify that Opera North endorses or approves the content of the linked websites. Opera North shall have no liability in respect of material hyperlinked to Opera North webpages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such regulations as may be from time to time in force.
10. Opera North operates this website from Leeds and makes no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
11. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this website. Your continued use of www.operanorth.co.uk indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Enter your email below:
Support us and discover the great benefits for individuals & organisations