Opera North Limited and the Howard Assembly Room (which is run by Opera North Limited) will never collect or make use of your personal details without your consent.
We do not require you to give us any personal information in order to use our website. We do collect anonymous aggregate statistics about the use of our website, including types of browsers used, rates of visits to different webpages, errors experienced and related site information, in order to develop and improve our site. However, none of this information can be used to identify individual users, and your anonymity is preserved throughout. We will only provide your data to third parties in order to enable services provided on our site which require interaction with or provision by a third party, such as an Application Service Provider; to protect our legal rights and/or property. We may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information. Cookies may be set and used to improve your user experience, such as retaining your personal settings.
We are required to take certain personal details when fulfilling requests for purchases online, brochures or other information, or registration to join our mailing list. If you are providing contact information so that we can deliver to you any of our resources that you have requested, please note that we will pass this information to our fulfilment house but we will not be passing your details to anyone else without your permission. These required details may include name, title, full postal address, email address or phone number, depending on the nature of your request. We may also ask for the voluntary supply of other information in order to help us improve and develop our services. In such circumstances, answering additional questions would be strictly optional.
Once personal information is collected, we will not make use of it without your consent other than for the purpose for which it was collected and to analyse and evaluate our sales performance. Where consent has been given, we will send you information to keep you informed about the events and activities of our organisation. We will never pass on your personal details to other organisations unless you have previously given your consent to such an action.
We give you the ability to edit the information in your user account, which you provided through registration, in your personal page configuration area. You may request deletion of your user account by contacting us. Content or other data that you may have provided to us and that is not contained within your user account, such as posts that may appear within our forums, may continue to remain on our site at our discretion even though your user account is deleted.
If you have previously registered to be on our mailing lists but no longer wish to receive our mailings, you may unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link on our email newletters; or by emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org); phoning us (0113 223 3526); or writing to us at: Web Editor, Opera North, Grand Theatre, 46 New Briggate, Leeds LS1 6NU.
You may also simply reply to any email message with the message “unsubscribe” in order to be removed from our mailing lists.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of any personal information we hold about you. Please send such requests to Opera North, Grand Theatre, 46 New Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6NU.
We shall ensure that we comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, including but not limited to holding all personal information securely.
If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian’s permission whenever you provide personal information to Opera North. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
The use of Opera North’s website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Any use of this website constitutes your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. You should carefully read the following terms and conditions.
1. All text, graphics, and audio-visual content and the arrangement thereof on this website is copyrighted by Opera North and may not be reproduced for commercial use without the prior written permission of Opera North. You may copy or print content from the site for your personal use only. ‘Personal use’ does not extend to any form of public reproduction on an external website, including personal blogs, homepages or other webpages, without written permission from Opera North.
2. The house designs and layouts are the property of Opera North. Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs on the pages of this website may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Opera North. The display of any of the above trade names or trademarks on pages of this website does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of this website are the trademarks of their respective owners. They are exhibited only in such a manner as is agreed to be of benefit to such trademark owners, and Opera North intends no infringement of such trademarks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages or links to other websites on this website does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by Opera North. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Opera North.
3. Information on this site, including performance details, may change without notice. Opera North accepts no liability or responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through it. Opera North makes no guarantees or representations to its accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability. Opera North assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the site. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Musical clips, in the form of MP3 files, are offered on this website purely for educational purposes. Users may listen to these clips but may not save copies on their personal computers. Any further distribution, for sale or otherwise, is expressly prohibited.
5. Your use of www.operanorth.co.uk is at your own risk. Opera North does not guarantee that the site will be compatible with all hardware and software that may be used to access it. Neither Opera North nor any other party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering www.operanorth.co.uk is liable for any direct, incidental, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of www.operanorth.co.uk. Users are not permitted to distribute, sell or transmit the software, and are not permitted to alter, modify or adapt the software. No responsibility can be accepted for viewers unable to access the site or parts of it due to technical fault, internet connection problems or other unforeseen circumstances. Opera North assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of www.operanorth.co.uk or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the site. Opera North shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage and computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of the use of the website and howsoever caused even if Opera North shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Opera North excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in this website except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded under the applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law Opera North disclaims all liability for negligence.
6. Any communication or material you transmit to the site by electronic email or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, will be treated as non-confidential and non proprietary. Opera North or its affiliates may use anything you transmit or post for any purpose. Opera North reserves the right to remove any communications transmitted to the site.
7. All information (including but not limited to ideas, suggestions, concepts and graphics) submitted to Opera North through this website will be returned to the sender.
8. Opera North reserves the right to monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmission and bulletin boards on www.operanorth.co.uk. Opera North assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, danger or inaccuracy in any information contained in such locations on www.operanorth.co.uk. By using this site, you agree to use it only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of any third party. You are prohibited from posting scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Opera North will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Opera North to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
9. Opera North has not reviewed all the sites linked to www.operanorth.co.uk and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to www.operanorth.co.uk. Any purchase of goods and services made through third parties shall be subject to those third parties terms and conditions. Links to external websites are in no way intended to signify that Opera North endorses or approves the content of the linked websites. Opera North shall have no liability in respect of material hyperlinked to Opera North webpages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such regulations as may be from time to time in force.
10. Opera North operates this website from Leeds and makes no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
11. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this website. Your continued use of www.operanorth.co.uk indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If you are unable to use your tickets we offer an exchange or credit service. Tickets can be exchanged for another performance of the same production or for a credit voucher valid for six months. In order to take advantage of this service your original tickets are required to be received by the Grand Theatre Box office at least a week before the performance (14 days for group bookings of 20 or more). Any decisions after a week before the performance will be at the discretion of the Grand Theatre management and the original tickets must be received before any credit will be issued.
Tickets bought as part of Season Ticket, Create Your Own or multi-save packages, where discounts have been generated through multiple purchase, cannot be exchanged for credit vouchers or performances outside the original qualifying package. For Season Ticket and Create Your Own Package terms and conditions, see below.
Tickets will not be refunded unless a performance is cancelled or abandoned when less than half the performance has taken place.
Agents' tickets are accepted on the understanding that the agent is acting for the customer and not for Opera North or Leeds Grand Theatre & Opera House Ltd. The above statements regarding returned tickets do not apply to tickets issued by agencies.
Children under 3 will not be admitted unless the performance is specifically for young children. Tickets are required for each child attending a performance. Some performances have age guidance; please call the Opera North hotline for details on 0113 2233600. Parents are reminded that some performances are not suitable for young children. We do not advise that children under 14 attend the theatre without a responsible adult and venue staff accept no responsibility for any unaccompanied children aged under 18.
If your child is causing a disturbance to other customers, you will be asked to remove them from the auditorium and no refunds will be given.
Bookings for performances at the Grand Theatre and Leeds Town Hall are subject to a transaction fee.
We offer concessions and discounts for many performances. Concessions and discounts don’t apply to all prices or seats. Only one concession or discount can be applied per ticket. Child ticket refers to those aged 18/under. Students should be in possession of a valid student ID or NUS card. We reserve the right to check proof of eligibility at any point and entry will be refused if you are found to have purchased a concession you are not entitled to.
Group rate seats are available for groups of 10 or more. Where available, schools concessions are to enable educational establishments to bring groups of pupils or students to see performances at a reduced rate. They are not transferable to adults and cannot be used by groups of staff. School groups must have accompanying adults who should be responsible for the behaviour of the children in the party.
You may have your tickets posted to you for a £1 charge. If booked within 5 days of the performance, your tickets will be held care of the Box Office. These tickets can be collected on presentation of the Debit/Credit Card used to make your booking and your booking confirmation if you have booked online.
If booking online, you may also choose to print@home. There is no charge for this service but you must bring your printed ticket with you to gain entrance.
If you arrive late for the start of a performance or after an interval we appreciate that you will want to take your seat as soon as possible. We will do everything possible to assist. To limit disturbance to fellow audience members and artists we may have to ask you to wait until a suitable break in the performance and to sit in alternative seats. Occasionally latecomers may not be admitted once the performance has started.
Staff at the venue are there to enhance your experience and to ensure your safety at all times. Please follow any guidance they give in relation to your and others comfort and safety.
No member of the audience will be permitted to sit in any gangway which intersects or flanks the seating.
The taking of photographs, capturing of images or the use of any recording devices including mobile phones during any performance is strictly prohibited.
On occasion either the venue or a permitted third party may carry out general filming and sound recording in or about the venue. By purchasing tickets you consent to you and your party being included in and to the exploitation of such films and recordings without payment.
The Management of Opera North and Leeds Grand Theatre and Opera House Ltd reserve the right to:
For Advantage Package bookers, if you renew your package each year, you can keep your Grand Theatre seats, unless there are fewer than four performances of an opera, in which case, alternative seats may be allocated as close as possible to your usual seats. Same seats cannot be guaranteed for alternative dates.
There must be the same number of tickets for each production to qualify for the appropriate package discount. Extra tickets can be purchased for individual productions with the usual concessions if appropriate. Tickets for individual parts of the Ring cycle are not part of any package.
Once booked, tickets are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend any of the performances, contact the Box Office on 0844 848 2720 any time between 28 July and up to one week before the performance in question. You will be given replacement tickets for the same opera in the same price code on your choice of alternative date. If this isn’t possible, a credit voucher can be issued for Opera North performances valid until 27 February 2016. The Box Office must receive your original tickets before they can make an exchange. For Create Your Own Packages, there is a £1 charge per ticket for this service. For the Ring cycle, no exchange vouchers are available and there is £1 charge per ticket for changing to an alternative Ring cycle performance.
Bookings are subject to availability. No further discounts or concessions available. Advantage Package bookers can renew their Grand Theatre seats each year, unless there are less than four performances of an opera, in which case nearest seats will be allocated.
Vouchers are to buy extra tickets for any of the season's operas or Howard Assembly Room events. Not redeemable as part of the package payment.
The information on this website is published in good faith, but changes may occasionally be necessary. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Opera North reserves the right to change the cast, prices or performances.
Enter your email below:
Support us and discover the great benefits for individuals & organisations