The Howard Assembly Room is located on New Briggate, on the corner with Harrison Street (previously it was accessed via the Leeds Grand Theatre main entrance).
Read or listen to our guide notes for getting to and around the Howard Assembly Room.
The Howard Assembly Room is around a 10 minute walk from Leeds bus station and a 15 minute walk from Leeds train station. For train timetables contact Northern Rail or TransPennine Express. Buses to the centre also stop nearby on The Headrow, Vicar Lane and Boar Lane, all of which are within a 5-10 minute walk of the venue. For the most up to date information on local bus and train times, please check WYMetro.
Parking is available at several city centre car parks near the venue:
- Q-Park St Johns
- Q-Park The Light
- NCP The Core
- Q-Park Albion Street
- Templar and Edward Street
- Victoria Gate Multi Storey
Blue badge parking is available at all of the car parks listed above, for further information you can view the Leeds City Centre Blue Badge Parking map.
To be dropped-off outside the Howard Assembly Room:
- From York Road take the exit onto Vicar Lane. Then turn right up Harrison Street and right again onto New Briggate.
- From Merrion Street, follow the road until New Briggate, taking the right lane onto Vicar Lane. Then turn right up Harrison Street and right again onto New Briggate.
- From Leeds Playhouse or Leeds Bus Station, you can only use The Headrow and then turn right onto Vicar Lane if you are using a hackney carriage from 7am to 10am and 4pm to 7pm.
If your navigation system directs you to a restricted route, use Q-Park at St John’s Centre as your destination. Follow Merrion Street until New Briggate and follow the right lane to Vicar Lane. Then turn right up Harrison Street and right again onto New Briggate.