Dementia-friendly performances are tailored for people with dementia and their families or carers, so that they can enjoy live performance in an environment that is comfortable and supportive.
What to expect
- Bright lighting and loud noises will be reduced.
- The lights in the theatre will remain on low.
- A relaxed attitude to people leaving and returning whenever they need to.
- An information pack will be sent in advance with an easy-to-read synopsis and guide to the theatre.
- Quiet spaces will be available if people need a break.
- There will be clear signs and friendly staff on hand to help.
- You can ask to have empty seats around your booking.