Dementia friendly performances are tailored for people with dementia and their families or carers, so that they can enjoy live performance in an environment that is comfortable and supportive.
Dementia Friendly Performances
Upcoming Dementia Friendly Performances
By Georges Bizet
Leeds Grand Theatre | Tuesday 26 October 2021, 1.30pm
This scorching new production of one of the most popular operas ever written will take you deep down into a world where desire and hot-blooded passion reign supreme… Carmen is a strong woman doing what she can to survive in a poor frontier town, manipulating and seducing the men who try to control her. But when one man’s obsession turns to wild jealousy, the consequences are shocking.
Bizet’s flamenco-infused music overflows with emotion and unforgettable melodies including the ‘Habanera’ and Toreador Song.
Read more about the story »
“You had thought of everything – from signage, helpful & sympathetic staff, to even covering the mirrors in the cloakrooms. A totally dementia friendly world.”
– Audience member (Dementia Friendly La Bohème 2019)
What to expect
· Bright lighting and loud noises will be reduced.
· The lights in the theatre will remain on low.
· A relaxed attitude to people leaving and returning whenever they need to.
· An information pack will be sent in advance with an easy-to-read synopsis and guide to the theatre.
· Quiet spaces will be available if people need a break.
· There will be clear signs and friendly staff on hand to help.
· You can ask to have empty seats around your booking.