New national Covid-19 measures to come into effect from Thursday 5 November will impact Opera North’s planned activity over the coming weeks. This includes our scheduled Handel / Weill double bill of Acis & Galatea and The Seven Deadly Sins at Leeds Playhouse, the tour of Whistle Stop Opera: Cinderella, concerts planned for Leeds Town Hall including early performances of Fidelio, and outdoor performances of La petite bohème and As You Are. Read the latest information.
COVID-19 audience guidance
COVID-safe measures for events
The safety and comfort of our audiences is really important to us. Here we lay out the measures we have taken to ensure this. These measures are in line with advice and guidance from the UK Government, the NHS, and the World Health Organisation. They will be kept under review to ensure they are as effective as possible.
- Tickets are strictly limited to a level which will allow social distancing both in the ‘auditorium’ area and at all points around the site, including for access.
- Audience members must only book as a group if they belong to the same household or bubble.
- If the space available at a venue requires it, a one-way system will be set up for audience members to enter and leave the auditorium space and appropriate signage and staffing will be provided.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available on entry at all venues we tour to and all audience members are encouraged to use them.
- Everyone is expected to wear a face covering at all indoor events unless excused for reasons of age, health or disability. For outdoor events, audience members may be required to wear face coverings – please check the event details.
- Wherever possible tickets will be sold online and e-tickets will be used. Tickets will be checked on entry to the auditorium area without contact. Please note, tickets must be purchased in advance. To reduce contact points there will be no ticket sales on the door.
- When booking, we will ask for your contact details, including a current telephone contact, which will be passed on to the test and trace scheme if required.
- All seating and any other surfaces will be cleaned and sanitised between performances.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in direct contact with a diagnosed individual in the last 14 days and have been advised to self-isolate, you must not attend the event. Please contact the venue Box Office to arrange a ticket transfer, credit or refund.
- If a performance is cancelled for any reason, we will contact you and explain our refund options.
- Usually we welcome vocal expressions of appreciation, but we ask that you refrain from raising your voice or singing during or after performances to minimise the risk of transmission of the virus.
Find out more from the venues we tour to: