The safety and comfort of our audiences is really important to us. Our COVID-19 measures are in place for all of our events and performances to ensure the best possible experience for audiences, artists and staff. These measures are in line with advice and guidance from the UK Government and we will continue to review this regularly.
COVID-19 audience guidance
We are performing to full capacity and we will continue to follow best practice. If you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Box Office.
- Mask-wearing is currently mandatory in all venues except for those who are exempt or aged under 11 or while eating or drinking. For all other events, everyone is encouraged to wear a face covering unless excused for reasons of age, health or disability.
- If you’re attending an event at the Howard Assembly Room and you’re aged 18+, you will need to bring evidence of either a negative lateral flow test taken that day or an NHS Covid Pass/vaccine passport with at least two vaccinations. Find out more
- If the space available at a venue requires it, a one-way system will be set up for audience members to enter and leave the auditorium space and appropriate signage and staffing will be provided.
- For outdoor standing events, please maintain a safe distance from other audience members.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available on entry at all venues we tour to and all audience members are encouraged to use them.
- Tickets will be checked on entry to the auditorium area without contact. There will be a QR code check in for those who would like to use the NHS Test and Trace app.
- When booking, we will ask for your contact details, including a current telephone contact, which will be passed on to the test and trace scheme if required.
- All seating and any other surfaces will be cleaned and sanitised between performances.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in direct contact with a diagnosed individual in the last 10 days and have been advised to self-isolate, you must not attend the event. Please contact the venue Box Office to arrange a ticket transfer, credit or refund.
- If a performance is cancelled for any reason, we will contact you and explain our refund options.
- Usually we welcome vocal expressions of appreciation, but we ask that you refrain from raising your voice or singing during or after performances to minimise the risk of transmission of the virus.
Find out more from the venues we tour to:
Howard Assembly Room
If you’re attending an event at the Howard Assembly Room and you’re aged 18+, you will need to bring evidence of either a negative lateral flow test taken that day or an NHS Covid Pass/vaccine passport with at least two vaccinations.
Please arrive as early as possible to allow enough time for random checks upon entry.
You can demonstrate a negative lateral flow test result taken on the day of the performance by:
- Using your COVID-19 app
- Showing a photograph of your test
- Showing NHS email or text confirmation
- Showing a physical negative test
If you’ve had COVID-19 in the last 90 days and it’s affecting your test results, you can show proof of your positive PCR test and a valid COVID passport (18+).
You can get an NHS COVID Pass digitally through the NHS App or the online NHS COVID Pass service. If you cannot apply digitally, you can ask for an NHS COVID Pass letter to be sent to you by post.
If you cannot show the correct proof you won’t be permitted to attend the event. In this instance, please contact your original point of purchase for more details. If you purchased your tickets through us, contact us no later than the performance start and we will provide a refund or a credit
Get in touch
If you have any further queries or concerns don’t hesitate to contact our Box Office team:
Phone: 0113 2233600
Information last updated 14 December 2021.