We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the DPA and other laws that set out how we can use your personal information.
We control the information that is collected by us about you and the purposes for which we use that information. This means that we are the data controller (for the purposes of the DPA) in respect of your personal information and are responsible for complying with the DPA in the way that we use and disclose your personal information.
We do not require you to give us any personal information in order to use our website. We do collect anonymous aggregate statistics about the use of our website, including types of browsers used, rates of visits to different webpages, errors experienced and related site information, in order to develop and improve our site. However, none of this information can be used to identify individual users, and your anonymity is preserved throughout.
The personal information we collect and hold about you includes:
If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian’s permission whenever you provide personal information to Opera North. Users without this consent should not provide us with personal information.
We may use any personal information provided by you for the purposes of:
If you tell us we can, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about Opera North and Howard Assembly Room events and activities that may be of interest to you. We may also use your personal information to identify additional or other related services or products that are likely to be of particular interest to you. We will never pass on your details to other arts organisations or partners for marketing purposes unless you have told us that we can. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the services we provide and the use of your personal information above. This includes:
If we sell or buy any organisation or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the buyer or seller of the assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your information will be one of the assets transferred.
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below.
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences yourself using the details below.
We give you the ability to edit the information in your Opera North customer account, which you provided through registration, in your personal page configuration area. You can log in to your account here. You may request deletion of your user account by writing to us using the details below. Content or other data that you may have provided to us and that is not contained within your user account, such as posts that may appear within our forums, may continue to remain on our website even though your user account is deleted.
If you have previously registered to be on our mailing lists but no longer wish to receive our mailings, you may unsubscribe by:
The DPA also gives you the right to access your personal information, subject to certain exemptions. Your right of access can be exercised by writing to us at the address below. Any access request may be subject to a fee we are entitled to charge under the DPA (currently not exceeding £10) to meet our costs in providing you with personal information we hold about you. Please send such requests to Opera North, Grand Theatre, 46 New Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6NU.
We shall ensure that we comply with the provisions of the DPA, including but not limited to holding all personal information securely.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our website and is common across the internet. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission of the data to us which is outside our control; any data you send is at your own risk.
We may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information. Cookies may be set and used to improve your user experience, such as retaining your personal settings.
The use of Opera North’s website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Any use of this website constitutes your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. You should carefully read the following terms and conditions.
1. All text, graphics, and audio-visual content and the arrangement thereof on this website is copyrighted by Opera North and may not be reproduced for commercial use without the prior written permission of Opera North. You may copy or print content from the site for your personal use only. ‘Personal use’ does not extend to any form of public reproduction on an external website, including personal blogs, homepages or other webpages, without written permission from Opera North.
2. The house designs and layouts are the property of Opera North. Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs on the pages of this website may constitute trade names or unregistered trademarks of Opera North. The display of any of the above trade names or trademarks on pages of this website does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of this website are the trademarks of their respective owners. They are exhibited only in such a manner as is agreed to be of benefit to such trademark owners, and Opera North intends no infringement of such trademarks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages or links to other websites on this website does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by Opera North. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Opera North.
3. Information on this site, including performance details, may change without notice. Opera North accepts no liability or responsibility for the accuracy of information or material accessed through it. Opera North makes no guarantees or representations to its accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability. Opera North assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the site. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Musical clips, in the form of MP3 files, are offered on this website purely for educational purposes. Users may listen to these clips but may not save copies on their personal computers. Any further distribution, for sale or otherwise, is expressly prohibited.
5. Your use of www.operanorth.co.uk is at your own risk. Opera North does not guarantee that the site will be compatible with all hardware and software that may be used to access it. Neither Opera North nor any other party involved in creating, producing, hosting or delivering www.operanorth.co.uk is liable for any direct, incidental, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of www.operanorth.co.uk. Users are not permitted to distribute, sell or transmit the software, and are not permitted to alter, modify or adapt the software. No responsibility can be accepted for viewers unable to access the site or parts of it due to technical fault, internet connection problems or other unforeseen circumstances. Opera North assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of www.operanorth.co.uk or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the site. Opera North shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage and computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of the use of the website and howsoever caused even if Opera North shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Opera North excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in this website except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded under the applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law Opera North disclaims all liability for negligence.
7. Opera North reserves the right to monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmission and bulletin boards on www.operanorth.co.uk. Opera North assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, danger or inaccuracy in any information contained in such locations on www.operanorth.co.uk. By using this site, you agree to use it only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of any third party. You are prohibited from posting scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Opera North will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Opera North to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
8. Opera North has not reviewed all the sites linked to www.operanorth.co.uk and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to www.operanorth.co.uk. Any purchase of goods and services made through third parties shall be subject to those third parties terms and conditions. Links to external websites are in no way intended to signify that Opera North endorses or approves the content of the linked websites. Opera North shall have no liability in respect of material hyperlinked to Opera North webpages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such regulations as may be from time to time in force.
9. Opera North operates this website from Leeds and makes no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this website. Your continued use of www.operanorth.co.uk indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
11. Opera North reserves the right to change this Legal Statement at any time. Any users of the site will be bound by such revisions.